Wednesday, August 13, 2014

#PitchWars Mentee Bio


Hi Mentors! If you're reading this, then you might be interested in me, so here I am. I'm a teacher by day and mom/wife/writer/housekeeper/etc by night. I know that sounds like a lot, but I am also a multitasker extraordinaire. I love being busy. As far as writing goes, I've wanted to write since I was a little girl. It started with stories on index cards and turned into "short stories" in high school. In college, decided to make it my mission, so I majored in Creative Writing. I was so into it that I wrote all the time, even when it wasn't an assignment. I know, I sound like every other writer. I know. Well, this part might not. I got married and stopped writing for years. I dabbled here and there, but nothing stuck. I talked about writing, but did nothing about it. Then I met an author. A real live published author. I told him I wanted to write and he told me that there were two types of writers - those who talk about it and those who do it. That stung, so I sat down and started to write my first "novel". Since then I've written five. Each time, trying to find my voice. I've written adult and been told, try YA. I've written YA, and been told, try Adult. Now, I'm trying MG. Why? Because I live with one. My daughter is starting middle school and her voice resonates in my head...all the time. She's always there. I listen to her friends...all the time. I know exactly what she is going through because we talk about it...all the time. It's pretty awesome.

As a writer, I'm so open to suggestions. I want to get published, so that means I'm willing to work hard to make that happen. If you're questioning me at all, please know this: I want this. I have thick skin. I love improving. I'm yours.

PICK ME! :)

Happy #PitchWars!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment