Thursday, July 10, 2014

Paying for Help

Part of my entrance back into the writing world was my declaration that I was going to bite the bullet and do whatever it takes to be successful as a writer. So, I hired someone to help with not only my query but my manuscript, Keridwen, as a whole. I received the first set of notes on my query and I have to say, I'm thrilled. The comments were professional, straightforward, and honest. I need that. I haven't sent my manuscript, yet, but I'm ready for some serious feedback. I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous, but this is so needed. 

I'm convinced that I'm just too close to Keridwen. I've edited, reworked, done all of it. It's been read by dozens of people. I've taken every word of critique to heart and have seriously tried. This is what led me to a professional.

All that being said, I'm really excited about it. Looking back at my posts from two and three years ago, there was a recurring theme. I needed someone's help, but my pride stopped me every time. I know I can't be the only writer who has been down this road. That doesn't make it ok, though, and my foolish arrogance turned ignorance is most likely the reason my writing has been halted for so long. It's quite a humbling experience.

Humble Pie has been digested and now I am writing again. I've made changes to my query, knowing it will need more. I'm ready to do it again and again until it's perfect (by a professional's standard) and then do the same with my book. 

This is the year of Jamie, after all. (I should probably explain that later). Only good things can happen from here on out.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment