Sunday, December 2, 2012

Writer Hardship

It's taken me a year to attempt getting back into writing. I'm not sure why I haven't found my motivation, but it's not totally coming. So here's some background...

Last year I burnt out on seeking representation pretty hard. It was one of those moments of if I don't stop right now, I might say a bunch of stuff that will burn every bridge built and not built. I was angry. I was angry that there were authors getting requests and offers every day. It's not that I wasn't getting requests, because I was, but I never received any feedback at all. It was all too much. The one thing that kept me going was that I knew I wasn't the only one going through this. I wasn't alone, yet I was. I had writer "friends" going through the same thing, but they were online. No one in my physical world had any idea or understanding of what I was going through. For whatever reason, I chose not to share with anyone that I was writing, and being rejected. I was ashamed. By March, it became too much. I thought I would feel better and want to write once summer arrived, but it didn't (most likely because I was moving). Then I figured I would start writing once I got settled in. I tried, I really did, but now I sit down and am blocked.

Maybe I should write something new, but then what would that be?

Inspire me. I want to write.

2 comments:

  1. Do you make outlines and keep them in files saved on your computer? If so, find one and them and try working on it. Something new. You'll have to force yourself at first because you're out of the habit, but after awhile, you'll be on a roll.

    At least that's how it works for me.

    ReplyDelete