Sunday, November 18, 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 2

I realize I've never reviewed a movie on here before, but I haven't posted in a while, and I was honestly, compelled to talk about my experience.

Last night, I went to see Breaking Dawn Pt 2 with my husband and older sister. Are we "twihards?" I wouldn't go that far, but my husband and I have seen all of the movies (on opening weekends), and we've read all the books.  We were truly looking forward to seeing the movie this go round.

We decided to go to the 5pm showing and arrive 45 minutes early, wanting to get good seats. To my surprise, they were already seating and we were the first there. I don't think the theater actually filled, but it is the "older" theater, so that explains a bit. I know this doesn't actually have to do with the movie itself, but I feel like it all contributed.

So the movie begins, and Bella looks great as a vampire. For the first time, Kristen's perpetual look of pain fits the role. I was pleased. Robert looked great and quite relaxed; and Taylor...his nose looked a little different, but I may have to look more into that before making an actual judgement.  Renesme was extremely CG though. I don't think she looked like a real baby until the end of the movie. Something about the size of her hand and the shape of her eyes made her look, well, creepy. Still I got past that.

What I couldn't get past was the first 40 minutes. When Edward and Bella go have vampy love for the first time and she is surrounded by her gold, glittered "O", it was a bit over the top. And their running through the woods was ...cheesy.

That being said...when the battle begins, I conveniently forgot about my irritations from the beginning. I won't reveal any spoilers, but the second half was well worth the first. I can't remember the last time I watched a movie with my mouth hanging open from shock. I can honestly say I loved it. Everything I complained about when I finished the book was fixed with the movie. Well done.

To all of you movie goers, I hope you enjoy the second half as much as I.

Harry Potter is gone and Twilight is over. What will be next? Zombies? It sure looks like it.



If you're looking for a non-paranormal read, please check out ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND TEXTS at amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Alls-Fair-Love-Texts-ebook/dp/B009MFC44Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353276176&sr=8-1&keywords=all%27s+fair+in+love+and+texts

No comments:

Post a Comment