Tuesday, October 16, 2012

This is Crazy

I can't believe I have been holding onto this book for three years and not sharing it. My fear gripped me so tightly I honestly believed that if an agent didn't like it, then it must be crap. So far, everyone who has read it has emailed me, texted me, or came to me in person and told me how much they liked/loved it and couldn't put it down. Granted, I've only sold 31 copies since I made it live two weeks ago, but honestly, that's way better than I expected.

One thing I have learned from this experience is that kids need to promote this book. As an adult, I can advertise it on twitter, facebook, my blog, etc., but adults are not the intended audience. Kids are. Marketing to kids is much tougher than I ever imagined. This will be a continued work in progress and I will continue to talk about this as I learn.

Another thing I have learned from this is that I am a good writer. That has been confirmed by people I thought would hate it. My confidence in my writing is returning making me want to work harder on my WIP. That's exciting.  Anyway, not much else to report.

If you're new to my blog....
ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND TEXTS is a YA contemporary. It is available on amazon.com. You can read it using the kindle app, which you can download for free on any mobile device, tablet, or computer. :) Take a look. If you like, spread the word.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, a lot of us love YA books. ;) So don't think you can't sell it to adults as well.

    And OMG, 31 books in 2 weeks! That's amazing. Don't you dare use the word "only"! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought your book! Hehehe. So make that at least 32 sales. =)

    ReplyDelete