Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Tonight is Halloween and up until 4pm this afternoon, I was ready for it. Then my husband called and said that our 10 year old daughter had decided she was "too old" to trick or treat. My reaction..."WHATEVER!" So, we met after work and bought adult costumes to wear while taking our children trick or treating. He was a pirate and I was Snow White. That got her moving.

Anyway, we headed out around 6:30 and walked around for an hour before I headed back to hand out candy. Shortly after, my daughter showed up "tired". I asked her to help me hand out candy, and her response was, "No thanks." Um ok. Then husband and son returned home and we moved the show inside. My son took over candy patrol while the rest of us sat on the couch in our costumes. Then 8:00 rolled around and there were no more trick or treaters, the kids asked if they could go to bed, and we turned out the lights.

I maybe handed out one bag of candy, and I bought 4. What am I going to do with 15lbs of candy? OMG! I guess I will take it all to school and let my students pillage it. At least I won't have it staring at me for the next five months.

Overall, Halloween went well, though mildly uneventful. I'm grateful for good weather, electricity, and warmth leading me to sending out my thoughts and prayers to all those on the East Coast.

Have a great night! I hope you all had a great Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. I would have no willpower with 15 lbs of candy staring at me either! We've got the brown Tootsie Rolls left and I occasionally gulp one down and I don't even like the brown ones!

    ReplyDelete