Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again

After taking quite some time off of writing, I'm reentering the writer world. Today, I printed the first thirty pages of an old WIP friend and began editing. I figure I need to reacquaint myself with it before I can continue writing it, so editing it is. I have to say, being away from it for so long has allowed me to read with a little less bias. I got through the first thirty pages and remembered why I loved this WIP so much. Now, I just might be hooked once again.

Publishing Love and Texts has freed me. I no longer have to think about it, which is nice. Of course, now I'm watching the stats and reading comments, but I'm not stressing over the query process. This has given me the opportunity to breathe enough to want to write again. So now I will. I'm 95 pages into this WIP, and more importantly, want to finish it. This will be my task. I started it during NANO last year, so my mission is to finish it by the end of NANO this year. I don't think that will be too hard considering I know it's only a first draft. First, I must finish editing, and then I can write. I'm not going to set any unrealistic goals, either. I plan on working a little each day on it. As long as everyday I work, I should make my goal.

So what does this mean? To Where and Back is coming, and it will happen. The only unsure thing is...will I query it or just ePub and save myself some time? I don't know the answer to that yet, and honestly, I'm not going to think about it after right now.

I wish you all a good night. I'm off to edit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment