Monday, March 26, 2012

Continued Home Repairs

Spring cleaning has taken on a new meaning in my home this past week. As many of you may be aware, my home flooded three weeks ago. In my last post, I spoke about home repairs. This last week, I was on Spring Break, and let me tell you, there was no resting. With my in-laws in town, we pulled up carpet, sanded base boards, cleaned them and painted them. My father-in-law took down all 21 of our doors, sanded them and painted them while my husband and I sanded, cleaned, taped and painted the door frames. This took eight hours a day and nine days to complete. We are exhausted and still have one room left to paint the base boards. In the meantime, we are waiting for our new carpet to arrive and be installed. In two weeks, our house will look like brand new.

As for the rest of the spring cleaning, I went through every room and closet and purged. It was wonderful loading my car and donating what we don't use. Each day was a new trip filled with toys, clothes, books, and other non-essentials. But more importantly, while purging my house, I purged myself. I cleaned out the cobwebs forming in my mind trapping all thoughts of self-doubt. I'm feeling much more like my early self. I'm hopeful once again. I want to relish in this and enjoy as long as I can. I can't say I'm writing again, but I am welcoming the thoughts once again. I'm not diving in right away, but it's coming. I have eight more weeks of school and then I may be indulging in the sound of my fingers typing on the keyboard. Who knows what the future holds, but I do know I'm going to focus on one thing...being happy.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you're going through the crap that is home repairs! I've been there too with a flooded house.

    But yay for purging yourself! Hopefully the ideas will begin flowing again and you'll be writing in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheyanne. I expect big changes and potentially exciting news in the future. (No I didn't get an agent, but exciting news to say the least).

    ReplyDelete