Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grammar Tips Wednesday - To, Two, and Too

There are many times when I read something with the wrong form of to, two and too. That being said I want to discuss the differences.

To is a preposition demonstrating relationship between two things. I drive to the movies. He gave the cupcake to his mother.

Two is a number. There are two cats on my couch.

Too is a synonym for also. I love him too. It is also a word indicating excessiveness. There are too many people in the crowd.

1 comment:

  1. How about a comment on the number of times lately we see "Bring" used improperly?

    "It's raining. Don't forget to bring your umbrella when you go."

    I always TAKE my umbrella when I go someplace in the rain. How can I bring it if I'm not already there?

    ReplyDelete