Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Moving in to a New Year
1. lose weight - but don't we all place that on our lists? I know I have since I was nine, but that is a totally different blog topic.
2. read more - I go through phases of reading. Sometimes I read three books in a week, and then I don't read for three months. I would like to be more consistent.
3. write more - I need to make time to write consistently. My job can be time consuming and soul sucking at times, which keeps me from writing at night. My kids help in that department as well. I'd like to get a solid three days a week of writing in this year.
4. be my own cheerleader - as a writer, it's very easy to get discouraged and encouraged within minutes. I need to remember that if I don't write, no one is going to write it for me. I also need to remind myself that I am my own advocate. I want to maintain a positive presence while sticking to my goals and not giving up on myself.
5. be a better mom - I think all moms have room for improvement. For me it involves patience. I tend to have a quick fuse with my own children mainly because I can't lose it on the kids at school.
6. make more time for my husband - in a crazy schedule of mothering, reading, writing, grading, etc. I need to remember that he came first (always).
That's it for my resolutions. I think they are ones I can stick with.
I do have the same as last year - find agent, get published, etc. but that will happen when it's supposed to - God will let it happen.
Happy New Year everyone!
PS what are your resolutions? Share and compare...we can support each other.