Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear Santa

Dear Santa,

I know I'm 35 and a bit old to be writing you, but in the spirit of Christmas, I thought I would send you a note. Before I ask for anything, I want to say thank you for allowing me to have a healthy family for Christmas.  I know my in laws aren't coming this year, but we are still able to spend time as a family this month.  Our Elf on the Shelf, Elliott, has been a wonderful addition to the family and he's been watching the children so closely, I'm sure you know they have their ups and downs, but generally speaking, they are truly wonderful kids.  I love them both with all my heart.  My husband has been carrying on your spirit so wonderfully this year. He's truly been working himself to the bone wanting nothing more than to make us all happy.  What he may not know is that we could have nothing, and I'd still be happy with just his love.  He's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

As far as presents go, Amber wants an American Girl doll that looks like her and Nate wants a bike.  I know for fact that their dreams will come true.  My husband wants nothing more than a bottle of cologne, so that will happen as well.  As for me...I am completely content with husband and children.  Of course, I am not foolish to lie and say I don't want anything, but what I want can't be purchased. I want to be published.  I know this is nothing you can do, but what I do know is that I can work my hardest and never give up, so what I want this Christmas is the faith that it will happen in my lifetime.  That is it. 

Christmas is my favorite time of year and I thank you for the Christmas spirit.  Nothing makes me happier than seeing my children and the people I love happy.  Thank you.

Merry Christmas,
Jamie

3 comments:

  1. Jamie, What a sweet post! Sounds like you have a lovely family and, not a selfish one in the bunch.

    I don't know what you are writing but, there are so many on line sites to submit your work to. Do you write stories, poems, novels?
    I've had a few short pieces published in an on
    on line site.

    OpinionsToGo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the big guy comes through for you! Keep the faith! You have a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for such encouraging comments. I know Santa won't let me down. :)

    ReplyDelete