Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday Season

The holiday season is upon us and you can practically hear the bustle in the air of the shoppers, decorators, and travelers moving about all with one thing one their minds...Christmas.  Thanksgiving proved to be yet another wonderful meal, this time we entertained my in-laws for the first time in 13 years and my best friend with her two sons.  When we sat down for dinner, we went around the table saying what we were grateful for.  I'm so grateful for my husband and children along with the rest of my family.  We are in good health and extremely blessed to have a warm home with clothes and beds to sleep in.  The sentiments were similar all the way around.

 We had a great time watching football while eating turkey and pumpkin cheesecake.  My husband, best friend, and I stayed up and went shopping last night at 10pm first braving one major store (which didn't end up well), and then we stood with hundreds of other shoppers outside Target for over an hour in the cold waiting for the main doors to open.  Once inside, we followed the crowd like fish swimming upstream.  It was madness making our way to the toy and electronics departments hoping to get everything we had on the mental list.  We were for the most part successful.  I am confident that my children are shopped for and will be elated on Christmas morning.  We crawled into bed at 2:30 this morning and were up with the sun to meet the painter at our rental house arranging for the entire inside to be painted with hopes of getting a renter in before Christmas.  I was exhausted.

I thought for sure I would make it through the day with a mere nap midway through, but I crashed at 9am until noon.  It's funny because my father-in-law doesn't think the shopping is worth it because it ruins "two days".  I almost agree, but then I look at my receipt grateful I managed to save a couple hundred dollars allowing me to purchase more for my children.

Now, I'm sitting here reflecting on my extremely long day and can't help but smile.  It's been a good year.  With only one month left, I have one more goal for the year.  I may or may not reach it, but I believe that everything happens for a reason either way.

I hope you all can reflect in the same way being equally as blessed as I.  I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment