Saturday, October 29, 2011

Great Fall Evenings

Tonight was one of those priceless nights that makes other nights envious.  My best friend, her husband, and her two sons came over for pizza and beer to hang out and watch TV. We talked, laughed, watched TV and just did nothing, but the experience makes me grateful for the company of good friendship. I try my hardest to be the best friend to whomever I am friends with.  That includes being someone to hang out with or to complain to or to just laugh with.  I value my friends. I've made friends in the most unique places as well.  Being that my husband is/was military, we have had the pleasure of moving across the country.  We were raised in California which has its benefits, but then we moved to Georgia where I had the distinct pleasure of learning the ways of the south.  I made a lot of friends there, but then we moved to Arizona.  Here I've become an adult, mother, thirty-something, etc. I've changed opinions, political parties, goals, and dreams, but I've held one thing to the core - the ability to make friends.  On top of all that, technology has taken hold of my life in a new way with social networking. I never imagined I would meet people online knowing only their picture and their keystrokes, but again, I've made friends.  Some of which, I can't imagine being the writer I am today without. I value each friend I've made and will maintain my loyalty to them all. I am a die hard.  I believe in supporting my friends, helping my friends, and overall having their backs (so to speak).  This is me.  I thank tonight's fall evening for reminding me that friends are the people who define us.  Thank you to all of my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome night! Nothing better than hanging out and staying in. And thank you for being a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandie! Thank you for being my friend too. :)

    ReplyDelete