Monday, October 17, 2011

Couch to 5K

I am not a runner. I've never been a runner.  In fact, in high school for the timed runs, I got sick 3/4 of the way through from the overwhelming smell of fresh cut grass.  I've never run a mile straight through a day in my life.  But after not being able to lose weight with just diet, I told my husband we needed to integrate exercise, and I wanted to try this "running thing".

After yesterday's run/walk, hubby and I decided to start Couch to 5k.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a five minute warm-up walk followed by six 60 second run intervals with 90 second walks in between concluded with a 5 minute walk cool down.  At least that is week one.  It's a podcast on itunes for free.  Supposedly, we will be able to run a 5k in 9 weeks.  We shall see about that.

So, tonight was W1D1 and it went ok.  We did the first half uphill, which made the return home a tad bit easier because it was downhill for the second half.  I really thought I couldn't do it, and there were times when I wanted to stop, but kept pushing forward because the little man in my head hadn't said stop yet. 

Well, I made it and now I'm back on my couch waiting for my tilapia to be cooked and I'm very proud of myself.  I also edited yesterday for three hours, so I'm getting something for my mind as well. 

We have tomorrow off, so we're going to lift a few weights and do crunches.  How exciting! I will blog again on Wednesday with my W1D2 update.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I've started this thing (C25K) 3 times! I'd get through the 1st week & something would come up so I couldn't continue. I need to though! Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete