Sunday, October 16, 2011

Body and Mind

I had no idea this year was going to start out so crazy, but it did and now I'm having to sacrifice some for the sake of others.  What does this mean? I've had to back down on my blog and writing and editing, and for that matter, any hobby of mine for my work and family.  I haven't written in over two months, nor have I edited anything for me in over two months.  I'm sad about this.  I need to get the words out of my head, but I haven't had the time or the energy.  So, that being said, let me catch you up...

I've been working both at school and online.
My kids are in soccer-two different teams.
My husband is getting his BA, so I'm editing for him.
That's the not so fun stuff. Last week, though, we went to Disneyland.

We left on Tuesday and returned yesterday after three long days in the park.  We are exhausted.  My legs burn and I've gained five pounds.  Now, I'm on a diet and starting to run, which is something I've never done a day in my life.  My husband was in the military, so I'm asking him to help me out.  Today we walked/ran/jogged 1.2 miles.  Anything more would have killed me.  I logged back into my WW account and the diet is on. 

So, my blog may change a little right now because I need to focus on me and getting healthy - body and mind before I can start stressing about writing again.  I do plan on editing a previous work and doing an overhaul of sorts, so I'm not totally putting down the "pen" or computer.  I just need to exercise something other than my mind at the current time.  Feel free to drop in and cheer me on; I'll do the same for you if you would like.

2 comments:

  1. I need to get on that getting healthy thing with you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always join me with Couch to 5K

    ReplyDelete