Thursday, September 1, 2011

Out of Time, Out of Steam

Every day I tell myself I'm going to write.  This has been going on since June, so over two months.  During the summer, I was busy with the kids and the house, but still there was time to do something.  School started and I find that I haven't had a spare minute to breathe.  I'm loving teaching creative writing, but I am grading 54 short stories every two weeks.  I also have three normal classes to grade as well.  At this point, I think my personal writing endeavors will have to be pushed aside for a bit longer.  I am swamped with school, kids and starting next week...soccer.  I'm going to make an honest effort to write at night, but I'm already going to bed at 9:00.  That being said, I'm logging off because I have a cold and need to rest for 30 minutes before the second half of my day starts. :)

Now, I turn this thought to you...is writing one of the first or last things you sacrifice to keep your family afloat?  How do you do it?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I'm sorry. I know how much you need to write. Honestly, it would be one of the first few. I'm one who always puts others before myself. Hope you find a chance to breathe.

    ReplyDelete