Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Why am I ADD when it comes to writing?

LOL! I am SO ADD when it comes to my writing.  One minute I'm looking for an agent, the next I'm looking into epublishing, the next minute, I'm thinking about agents again, and then I'm looking at publishers.  Ay dios mio!  Maybe it's good that I'm weighing all my options.  I mean there are A LOT of options out there.  What I do know is that I LOVE MY BOOK and will do whatever it takes to get it out there.  I read an article about why authors shouldn't have blogs because they focus too much on the art of writing rather than their books.  The point of the blog should be to promote self.  Ok, so I'm here promoting me.  I know I write a lot about why I need to take a chance on me, but why should everyone else?

I'm a hard worker. As an A type personality, I'm totally OCD and organized. 

I believe in my book so much that I'd stop at nothing to promote it (aside from jeopardizing my family of course).

I'm open to making changes.  I've read so many aspiring authors out there complaining about making changes to their manuscripts.  I'm no fool.  I'm sure that there are needed changes to make it even more saleable. I'm open to that.  Is it a polished manuscript as is?  Absolutely.

So, enough for selling myself...I feel like I'm standing on the auction block and it's making me uncomfortable. :)

As for All's Fair in Love and Texts...it's a new concept.  I've not found a book that incorporates texting in the hands of my students yet.  It tells the story of a girl finding her first love and a jealous best friend who works quite hard on sabotaging the relationship.  In the end, she must choose once and for all who is better for her - her boyfriend or best friend.

It's real. It applies to all girls.  It will sell.

Ok, so back to me being ADD.  Now, I don't know what to do, which means wait.  I don't want to jump into anything foolishly out of eagerness.  I want what's truly best for my book.  Am I crazy?  Probably.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you are crazy, but so are we all! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there - it will happen! And life would be very drab without a little crazy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy? No. Like Kathryn said, hann in there, it will happen. And in the meantime, distract yourself with that new, dark WIP of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you through Twitter and I'm loving looking around your blog. you have some greta stuff here :)

    ReplyDelete