Friday, August 12, 2011

Back to School

So, school is in full swing and I'm trying to find my rhythm juggling teaching, teaching, parenting, wifing (?) and writing.  It's quite the handful.  I teach all day, teach online at night, play mom, wife, and write all in a 24 hour period.  I know, some of you may think, "How does she do that?" The answer is simple, I multitask.  I am so OVER planned, that sometimes, I even have time to read and watch TV.  I know. It sounds crazy, but somehow it happens.  Did I mention that I require at least 8 hours of sleep or I'm cranky?  Well, I do. 

Anyway, today I tried writing while my students were writing.  I thought to myself this morning that I had two hours of Creative Writing and one hour of kids watching a film, which meant three solid hours of writing.  I was surely mistaken when I discovered that they asked A LOT of questions.  I did manage to squeeze out 250 words which isn't that bad, but that means tonight I have to do it or else.  Not really sure what the else stands for, but I have to write.  Must do it! I've played hooky for a week and before that was another week.  I've been a slacker with a capital S.  So, the time management needs a tweak so I schedule writing into my day whether I like it or not.  I must work on this book. 

Anyway, that's pretty much all I got today for my blog.  I'm pooped and need to spend some time with the kids.  Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Happy new school year! I know when I start again in September I'm going to have to keep myself on task or my writing will fall by the wayside. I've got an office set up w/ a computer that has no internet. I leave my phone upstairs and lock myself down there to avoid distractions.

    Have a great year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, 250 is 250! I can't believe the summer is over (almost for us here). We were supposed to have so much of our books done by now! Haha. Hope the schedule works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I changed my blog URL. I think you have my old one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandie, we will get it done. :) It's just going to take time. Who knew life would be so busy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I could use some of your ability!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Patricia! :) It's not always a good thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete