Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's Harry Potter Week!!!!!

So, I may sound ridiculous, but we are celebrating Harry Potter week in my house.  Starting tonight, we are watching a different Harry Potter movie (in order) every night leading up to a Sunday showing of HP 7.2.  I'm so excited and sad for the new movie to come out.  It feels like we've been reading/watching Harry Potter for ten years...wait we have.  And now it's ending.  My eight year old daughter is reading book five and my six year old son is beside himself waiting for the next movie.  We are such a family of Potterheads that we are going to decorate our new playroom with a Harry Potter theme.  I can't wait!

After two weeks of vacation, I'm freshly rejuvenated and ready to write once again.  I've been inspired by those in the family who think writing is a "cute hobby" and am hard pressed to prove them wrong.  This means that I must get writing and do it well.  I'm still loving my new story, so I'm going to work on that.  I'm also starting the curriculum building and lesson planning for the new Creative Writing class at my school, which I have been chosen to teach.  This may sound like a daunting task, but I'm confident there is enough stuff on the net that I should be fine. 

Anyway, I just wanted to check-in.  HP 1 is calling me and Oliver Wood is on the screen.  He's too cute! Have a great night and I hope you all have a fantastic Harry Potter Week!

1 comment:

  1. We are having a Harry Potter marathon week too! :)

    ReplyDelete