Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Cold

If that's not an oxymoron, I don't know what is.  I have the worst cold EVER.  My son asked, "Mommy, how do you have a cold?  It's hot outside?"  My feeling exactly.  So instead of staying in bed all day, I am continuing with my summer project, which is to deep clean every room in my house including closets, cabinets, walls, and base boards.  Being an A Type personality, I made a list of "rooms" needing cleaning.  I totalled 19 by the end, and I am officially down to four.  We've taken 21 bags to Goodwill and 12 to the garbage.  Who would have thought I could have so much junk in my house? 

Anyway, on to a different topic...Last night I edited 75 pages of a manuscript for one of my CPs.  I was so excited to get that much done, but when I clicked save, I didn't move it from the temporary folder it auto opened to and ... I LOST IT!  OMG! I wanted to throw my laptop across the room.  Now, I am going to start over, which is not a big deal, but I feel like I lost two hours of time.  So now, I am writing my blog, moving forward, starting edits and looking forward to four more rooms until my house is officially clean.  I figure that by Monday, I should be a much happier person than right now. 

4 comments:

  1. When you are done cleaning out your house, what do you say you swing by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Trisha, I'd love to...that is if you could ensure I don't get sick midway through the process like I am this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same...I have plenty of rooms that could use a deep clean! Seems every time I clean one & move on to the next, it's dirty again! Hope you're feeling better soon! BUMMER about those edits. I would have wanted to throw the lap top too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandie, I'm all caught up now on the edits. At least I know that I was extra thorough and caught the same if not more stuff.

    ReplyDelete