Thursday, May 5, 2011

Stop the Whining Already

So, it dawned on me that anyone reading my blog has got to think I'm either a whiner or desperate or both.  I think the neurotic writer in me has come out in blog form. This leads me to this blog where I am going to tell you a little about myself so I sound NORMAL.

First and foremost, I'm a wife and a mom.  Not sure which is more because I can't be one without the other.  After being married for twelve years and a mom for eight, they have become synonymous.  I love my husband and children more than anything and if they asked me to give up writing I would. I hate cleaning up after them, but it's part of the job.  My husband is my rock and my children are my saviors even when they drive me crazy. Without them, I am nothing.

After that, I'm a teacher.  I've been teaching for eleven years ad as much as I would love to share stories from the classroom, and believe me there are plenty, I don't feel I can due to so many teachers being persecuted for voicing the truth. What I can say is that being in a high school environment keeps me young.  I laugh every day thanks to my many "children" and am grateful to have them all in my life.  At lunch, we, my friends and I, can't go a day without a "that's what he/she said" joke and we share in the many open mouth insert foot moments.  I never knew so many innocent comments could be taken the wrong way by the students causing me to turn beat red.  Again, I'd give examples but fear drives me, but if you ask me via email or DM on twitter, I might be able to go there.  Teaching has been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done second to my children and husband, and when asked why I teach, I sound like an after school special - "I want to make a difference in the world."

The final side of me is the writer.  I think I've spoken about that quite a bit, so there's no need to expand on the neuroses I encounter daily. ;) 

So there it is.  I'm a normal person who laughs more than cries, jokes more that sulks, and at times can be a bit immature.  I live to be sincere and honest and am loyal to a fault.  I hope that sums it up in a nutshell. 

4 comments:

  1. Very well said! Don't know what I'd do without my hubs and baby boy. I'd have more free time, but what would be the point without then there? They are there for encouragement and inspiration. They make us whole and get us when others don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the craziness is all part of being a writer. If you weren't a bit neurotic, then I'd think you weren't one of us! The blogging community is great because we all have a shoulder to lean on and to offer up anytime one of us needs someone to whine to, commiserate with, or do a happy dance. We're all in this together!

    And your children are beautiful! And thanks for sharing more about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheyanne, thank you for the nice compliment regarding my kids. I do like them...a lot. :) And you're right. We're all in this together.

    ReplyDelete