Thursday, May 26, 2011

Out with the Old, in with the New

Well, last night I called half of the names of the 480 seniors who graduated from my school.  It was such a wonderful evening as I watched my 90 seniors walk across the stage and receive their diplomas.  There is truly no better feeling than to see others succeed and move towards their dreams.  As for me, I am cleaning my house in preparation for a summer of picking up after my little ones.  I like to start fresh with my house and my life as the seasons change.  I'm finally able to breathe and focus on my passion - writing.  I'm entering into another round of revisions on Love and Texts, starting a new WIP (unnamed), and reading an ms for a new friend.  This feels amazing! I'm rejuvenated and the creative juices are flowing.  What does this mean for me?  It means that for the next two months, I will be a writer, mom and wife sans teacher.  I took my kids to the library for their first time today where they each received a library card.  They lit up as they realized they were surrounded by unlimited supplies of reading materials with no distractions.  My son checked out books on dinosaurs and my daughter checked out Disney Pixie Hollow books.  They also signed up for summer reading.  I'm so proud of my little readers.  It is truly inspiring to see my children excited about reading.  They had phenomenal teachers whom I thank wholeheartedly. 

I don't have anything else to report today, but I will be back sooner than later.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun. I bet they loved it. I've taken my song to the library, but he was too little to realize what it means. He's now at the stage where he's not gentle with books. He has his own, but they are very worn. I really can't wait until he can "read". Although, he loves doing it now. His made up stories are great.
    Enjoy your writing summer! I know I will.

    ReplyDelete