Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Getting Ready for Summer

In January, my husband and I made a drastic change to our diets and cut way back on our carb intake.  It was great; we lost some weight and people were noticing, but then we fell off the diet and gained five pounds back.  Now, we are back on the cutting carbs and are starting Power 90.  We just completed Day 2 and I can barely walk, but I feel good.  We're going home to see our families in a month and want to impress them with our progress.  OK, I know a month isn't that long and nothing happens over night, but it would be great to lose at least eight pounds by then.  Of course, we both need to lose more than that, but it's a start right? 

On top of that, I'm starting to outline a new book.  I sat down and wrote the first paragraph based on a first line I thought about for about a week.  From there, I brainstormed a couple of conflicts, beginning, middle and end.  It's really different from anything I've written, yet it's still YA, but a little darker.  I'm not quite ready to talk about it, but I'm going to start outlining the story this week.  It's such a nice feeling to have something new to work on after a couple of months of writer's block.  It's not really surprising though that I haven't been writing considering my online class is coming to an end in two weeks and graduation is in two weeks as well.  My work load this time of year is massive, so writing gets pushed aside.

I'm still waiting to hear on my other two manuscripts, but waiting is just a part of life, so now I am moving forward with something new.  I'm hoping the fourth time will be the charm.  :)

Well, I'm off for the night.  I do want to wish all those with partials, subs, queries, or WIPs good luck in their future.  We are all part of the same family and need to stand by each other's sides. 

J

No comments:

Post a Comment