Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

So, my husband is in Orlando and just visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter store where he bought me a Rita Skeeter's Quick Quill.  I know it might sound off, but I'm really excited to see it and use it.  Harry Potter books have been an inspiration to so many and JK Rowling has been an inspiration for me.  To think that she was an English teacher before and came this far made me get off my butt and write.  Now, I am more addicted than I was in college when I was writing angst filled short stories about bad relationships - we were told to write what we know.  That should give some insight to me in college. :)  Now, I've been married for 12 years and there is no angst so I gather my inspiration from my students whom I can TOTALLY relate with. 

Changing subjects, I need ideas for blog topics.  I don't want to write about school because apparently, that can get a teacher in some trouble.  So much for freedom of speech, which means that I need to branch out.  I could write all day about the hilarious things I encounter at work, but I'm not really into risking my job/career/money/family/kids/etc. :) So, I know people have viewed my blog, and I officially have a real follower (welcome by the way), so I am asking the people, what should I write about on here?  Please comment and let me know.  I promise to try to not let you all down.  I really do have a lot to say, but somehow when I am staring at the computer, I draw a blank on creating new topics.

As far as an update goes on Keridwen, I have two fulls and three partials out right now.  I'm waiting patiently and staying positive.  I feel like I'm genuinely getting closer to signing with an agent, it just takes time (I hear that a lot these days).  OK, well, I have to run to the airport and pick up my mother-in-law.  I can't wait.  I honestly think I am one of the few women who truly loves their mothers-in-law and I am blessed to have her in my life.  YAY! 

To those of you who look, but don't follow...I'd love to build my followers, so join. :)
To my follower and those who look but don't follow, please post a comment with a suggestion for topics.

Thanks to all!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps to get the juices flowing, write a poem. Sometimes, poetry can uncover things inside you that you had no idea you had. I find it a very powerful tool when writer's block occurs. Think later, write now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get Kristen Lamb's We Are Not Alone - invalulable for developing a blog and a web presence.

    ReplyDelete