Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Baking for Relaxation

I'm making my famous Chocolate Chip Cookies tonight for the first time in a few months.  As much as I can't stand cooking, I absolutely love baking.  With the school year coming to an end in a month, I am treating one of my classes to cookies tomorrow after being asked every day for the last three months.  I kinda feel like I need to, but I truly enjoy the process.  With a partial and a full out for Love and Texts, I need a distraction, and baking is filling that quite nicely after having cleaned out my closet earlier today. 

While baking, a new idea has been marinating in my head for a new manuscript.  I already have most of it outlined from a year ago, but now I am starting to feel the creative juices bubbling up once again - it must be because summer is coming.  I look forward to working on something new while still going through a critique of Love and Texts and fielding queries for L&T and Keridwen.  It's a bit crazy right now, but at the end of the day, it all comes back to cookies.  Once I finish making the chocolate chips, I am going to make some for my family.  These little ones are have chocolate chip and half butterscotch.  Mmmmm.  Gotta love having a family recipe and not one from a book.  There's something special about keeping a family secret and reveling in watching people oooh and ahhhh over them.  Anyway, I just wanted to share that baking is really the best form of relaxation right now.  You all should try it out.

If you'd like to share recipes, please do so in the comments.  I'm always up for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment