Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Keeping the Faith

So, yesterday was a rough day.  I received a rejection on my full with no feedback.  It hurt.  I really sat and contemplated giving up due to the number of rejections I've already received, but I'm not a quitter - or at least not as an adult.  I sent out more queries yesterday and am crossing my fingers for at least a request for a partial, but it's hard to keep up the faith without validation of my writing.  There are two sides of my coin right now.  The first side is to appreciate any response and hope that it truly just wasn't a match.  The other side (Negative Nancy) thinks it might be better to hear the truth.  I don't know.

I am going to choose the first side today and keep the faith.  My ms. will find the right home.  It is going to take time.  So, I keep doing what I'm doing and teach and write.  That's all I can do at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment