Friday, March 11, 2011

Freaking Out

Today I received a request for a full.  I have to say that I am freaking out.  The agent in question prefers a strong voice.  I find that I am constantly asking my husband, "Do I have strong voice in the book?"  His response is "Yes."  I don't believe him, so I google what is voice in writing.  I read him the answer and he says "Honey, I really think that it's there."  I truly hope so.  I'm so biased when it comes to my own writing, as I am sure every author is.  It's hard for me to step back and think objectively without self-doubt. 

The email came when I was at Subway with my girlfriend who knows I have been writing.  I practically fell down being that this is my first request and it's from someone I admire in the industry.  I actually hit her at some point (not hard), and said, "Oh my God! I'm freaking out!" Now she wants to read it, and I think I may be more terrified for her to read it than anyone being that she is my best friend.  My husband, on the other, has read the entire thing and loves it almost as much as I do.  Together, we are waiting for a phone call or email, and to be completely honest, I want the phone call like I want water or even better Diet Coke.  But now I must wait.  I must wait for something to get me through.  It's going to be hard, but I will survive and I am sure that in ten years when I look back it will appear to be a minute in time, but for now it's an eternity. 

So, for now, I am going to try to read a book on my iPad and relax...yea right. I will write more tomorrow.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment